Hematite ore, a kind of weak magnetic iron ore, is principally divided into single hematite and polymetallic hematite and mixed ore of magnetic iron ore with hematite.
1. Magnetizing roasting-magnetic separation
Roasting magnetic separation is one of the effective methods used to separate the fine granular from micro granular (less than 0.02mm) of hematite. The magnetizing roasting-magnetic separation is usually used when the mineral has somewhat complicated composite while good mineral processing indexes are hard to get by other mineral processing technologies.
2. Gravity separation, floatation, strong magnetic separation and the complex process
Floatation is one of the most common methods used to separate fine granular from micro granular of hematite. There are obverse floatation and reverse floatation. Gravity separation and strong magnetic separation are mainly used to separate coarse granular (2-20mm) from medium granular hematite.
The application of various mineral processing methods and its complex processes vary from ores to ores.
1. It is mainly the hydrothermal and sedimentary type of hematite iron ore and siderite containing phosphate and sulfur. For this kind of ore, gravity separation, floatation and strong magnetic separation and other complex processes are normally adopted to collect iron mineral and floatation are adopted to collect phosphate and sulfur.
Beneficiation method and technological process of mixed ore of magnetic iron ore and hematite iron ore
1. Single magnetic iron ore-hematite iron ore(siderite)
There are two kinds of beneficiation methods for this kind of ore: one is the combination of weak magnetic separation and gravity separation, floatation and strong magnetic separation where magnetic iron ore is collected by weak magnetic separation while weak magnetic iron ore is collected by gravity separation, floatation and strong magnetic separation. The other is the combination of magnetizing roasting-magnetic separation and other beneficiation methods.
2. Polymetallic magnetic-hematite (siderite) iron ore
The beneficiation for this kind of ore is the most complicated one amongst the iron ores. Generally, the combination of weak magnetic separation and other beneficiation methods is adopted.