Ball mill is a kind of commonly used grinding equipment in beneficiation plant and cement production plant. Like all the machines, there might be problems in the work process of ball mill. In this article, we mainly introduce frequent problems and solutions in ball mill work process.
What is the frequent and loud clack in the ball mill?
In the work process of ball mill, if there is frequent and loud clack sound in ball mill, it may be because the screw bolts loosen. To solve this problem, operators should found out the loosen screw bolts and tighten them.
How to deal with the temperature of bearings and motor?
- 1. Check the lubrication points in ball mill and make sure the lubrication oil meets requirements.
- 2. The lubrication oil or grease goes bad. Operators should change them.
- 3. There might be blocking in the lubrication line or the lubrication oil does not directly enter the lubrication points. To solve this problem, operators should check the lubrication line and remove the impurities blocked.
- 4. The oil film covers the bearing bush is not even. To solve this problem, operators should adjust the side gap between bearing bush and bearings.
- 5. The lubrication oil/grease in ball mill is too much, and they form rolling element, which produces much heat. To solve this problem, operators should reduce some lubrication oil/grease.
Why does the ball mill suddenly vibrate when the motor starts?
- The gap between two wheels connected by coupler is too small to offset the movement of motor.
- The connecting bolts of coupler in ball mill do not tighten symmetrically and their tightening forces are different.
- The outer ring of bearings in ball mill loosens.
operators should adjust the gap properly according to requirement, making sure the two axles are concentric.