Raymond mill is one of the most widely used grinding equipment in powder production industry. According to the statistics of the competent department of grinding industry, the share of Raymond mills in domestic grinding equipment is as high as 70%.
Here are the reasons and solutions about 5 frequent problems of Raymond mill and some tips for the maintenance in the production process.
1. Powder Production Rate Decreases
The main reason of low powder production rate of Raymond mill is that the powder locker is not tightly sealed. In the grinding process, if the powder locker is not sealed, it will form powder suction in Raymond mill, resulting in no powder or less powder production rate. So, in the production process of Raymond mill, operators should pay attention to the sealing of powder locker.
2. The Final Powder Is Too Fine Or Coarse
This is because the analyzer does not work. The analyzer is used to analyze the size of the finished powder to check if the final products meet the required standard and whether they need to be grounded again. If the blade of analyzer is seriously damaged, the analyzer does not work, which will cause the final powder to be too coarse or too fine. To solve this problem, we should change a new blade.
3. Abnormal Of Final Products Size
This is because the fan of Raymond mill is not adjusted properly. If the air volume of the fan is too large, the final powder will be too coarse; and if the air volume is too small, the final powder will be too fine. If there is no abnormality in other conditions, operators should adjust the air volume of the fan to adjust the final products size.
4. There Is Powder Leakage From The Bottom Of Raymond Mill
Powder leakage from the bottom of Raymond mill is because that there is gap between the chassis of main unit and the edge of grinding disc. To solve this problem, we can adopt material return recycling device or leakage prevent device, or extend the distance between the outer edge of material layer and the outer edge of grinding disc, or add a baffle with certain height.
5. Excessive Vibration Of Fan
Accumulation of powder or unbalanced wear on the fan blades or loose anchor bolts will cause excessive vibration of the fan. To solve this problem, operators can remove the powder accumulated on the blades or replace the worn blades and tightening the anchor bolts.
Tips For Maintenance Of Raymond Mill
Besides the above frequent problems, during the operation process of Raymond mill, operators should also pay attention to the maintenance to reduce the faults:
1. Ensure normal working load and refuse overload work.
2. Reasonable lubrication. Choose lubricant category according to the type of Raymond mill and application structure; select appropriate quality level according to the requirements of the machinery, and select the appropriate lubricant brand according to the working environment of the machinery and different seasons.
3. Regular inspection and maintenance. Through regular inspection and maintenance, operators can understand the operation of Raymond mill in time, and deal with the temporary faults in time.